Our Crab and Corn Bisque is just what you need on a cold, rainy night. We used our Seafood, Peppered Sea Salt, and Garlic Butter Seasonings to really buck up the flavor. Oh - and add a dash of our Cajun Seasoning to give it a little kick!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Runnin Wild Gourmet Garlic Butter Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Runnin Wild Gourmet Seafood Seasoning
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Runnin Wild Gourmet Peppered Sea Salt Seasoning, to taste
- Runnin Wild Cajun Seasoning to taste
- Additional chopped green onions
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then gradually whisk in the flour. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, whisking constantly; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Combine the onion, Garlic Butter Seasoning, Seafood Seasoning, and celery and cook 1 minute. Add the Cajun Seasoning to taste. Stir in the broth, and corn. Bring to a simmer, then pour in the milk and cream.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer 7 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon at a time, blending thoroughly. Continue to cook, on low heat, whisking until mixture thickens.
- Stir in crab meat, green onions, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes more. Season with Peppered Sea Salt to taste. Enjoy!