Blackened Tilapia with Pimento Cheese Grits
One of our favorite dishes! Our Blackened Seasoning is a blend of spices that creates a mild but spicy blackened flavor on fish -- just sprinkle on tilapia for that blackened by the flames flavor. Add in a side of pimento cheese grits and this dish is sure to make your family and friends go crazy!
- Runnin Wild Blackened Seasoning
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Runnin Wild Peppered Sea Salt
- 1.25 cups quick grits
- 8oz. shredded sharp cheese
- 4oz. cream cheese
- 4oz. can diced pimentos
- Season tilapia with Runnin Wild Blackened Seasoning. Let tilapia rest for 10 minutes after seasoning.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of butter in skillet and melt.
- Once butter is melted place seasoned tilapia in skillet at low/ medium heat.
- Simmer tilapia for 3 minutes on each side.
- Combine chicken broth, butter, and Peppered Sea Salt into a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in 1.25 cups of quick grits.
- Continue to stir grits until they reach a creamy texture.
- Once at creamy texture stir in shredded sharp cheese, cream cheese, and diced pimentos. Stir until cheeses are melted and well mixed in with grits.
- Place grits on plate and place warm Tilapia from skillet on top of grits. Enjoy!